Monday, June 3, 2013

Guacamole

Had been to the farmer's market and I was just so happy to see all the vegetables so neat and in varied colors,wonder how good they might taste after they are cooked.I always have the figment that whatever I will buy I will make use of all of them and tend to buy a lot,but in reality whenever I buy  veggies too much I end up not using them effectively.So this time I bought a few red onions and tomatoes that were just ripe,not too ripened or not too raw just right. Guacamole is one of my favorite things to do for Tortill chips.Avocados should also be just ripe ,if your finger gives in a little ,that's the right kind of Avocado needed for this recipe.

Ingredients for guacamole,
Avocado - 1
Corn- 1/4 cup ( which are cooked,I bought frozen corn and then cooked in a little bit of water for about 10 minutes)
Red onion-1/4 cup ( chopped)
Tomatoes-1/4 cup ( chopped)
Chillies-1/4 tbsp ( finely chopped),I used Thai chillies because I didn't use jalapeƱos,ideally jalapeƱos are the best for guacamole.
Lemon juice-1 tbsp
Salt-1/4 tbsp

1.Slice the Avocado length wise ,twist a little and open up the Avocado in half.Remove the seed and slice the Avocado without slicing the skin.scoop out the whole Avocado slices.Mash them a little( see pics at the bottom of this link Avocado Parathas to know how to cut  the avocado)
                                                     

2.Mash the avocado slices and add the finely chopped chillies,(one can alternate this with jalapeneos)

3.Now add the onions.
4.Add the cooked cooked corn and tomatoes

5. Add 1/4 tbsp of salt and 1 tbsp of lemon juice to this and mix well  . 


6.Serve them with tortilla chips.






No comments:

Post a Comment