Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Potato Peas Kabab And Green Chutney

Feeling very lazy today evening ,didnt know how my time passed all by watching tv,talking to few of my friends over phone and sheer indulgence to Internet  browsing  took care of all my precious time or am I wasting my time?.Time was just getting by so fast.Hmm.. Didn't want to show my kids what kind of a lazy mom I am.Lunch was done with all the left overs today,unlike my usual days where I am cooking something new when I am off of my kids' chores.
I had to do something fecund in the evening with my all lazy attitude for the day,a snack to jump  start the evening business to commence the inception of cooking my dinner.The only easy and quick that came to my mind was Potato peas Kabab.I saw this on the you tube,made a few changes to it (to the taste of my kids) and did it with in a few minutes.

Ingredients ,
Potato-2(boiled and skin peeled)
Peas-1/2 cup( boiled)
Ginger paste-1 tbsp
Garlic pod-1( crushed)
Green chillies-1 to 2( I prefer to put 1 and 1/2  finely chopped)
Salt-1 teaspoon
Coriander and cumin powder- 1 teaspoon
Green coriander leaves- 1 tbsp
Bread - 1 slice ( cut into small pieces)I used bread instead of bread crumbs so as to make my kebabs a little soft.
All purpose flour-1 tbsp
Olive oil-1 teaspoon for each Kabab


  1. Mash the potatoes and peas in a bowl.
  2. Add chopped coriander leaves,ginger paste and garlic crushed,also add the chopped green chillies.
  3. Add coriander cumin powder,bread slices, all purpose flour to make the flour mix thick.
  4. Roll them into small balls and flatten a little in the middle to make it into a disk shaped.
  5. Take a pan and heat it,place the little kebabs on the pan and add olive oil on top of each Kabab.
  6. Pan fry these little kebabs 4 to 5 if in a big pan together.
  7. Fry them on both the sides till golden brown.
  8. Serve hot with tomato sauce or green chutney.




Ingredients for green chutney,
Green coriander-2 cups(chopped)
Mint leaves-1/2 cup(chopped)
Green chillies-2 to 3
lemon juice-1 tbsp
salt-1/2 tbsp

I have washed and cut coriander leaves and mint leaves and then measured them separately.


  1. Grind coriander , mint leaves and green chillies together.
  2. Add lemon juice and salt to this.
  3. Add very little water if required while grinding.





2 comments:

  1. Good to see you back Gouri! Feels good to do nothing once in a while, so you must do that too!
    My kids would love these kababs too, in fact I will be making these today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes suma felt relaxed for a few days but this addiction caught again!,Try these suma I would love to hear from your kids .

      Delete